We are delighted to announce that our proposal for the third edition of the F2C-DP Workshop has been accepted by Euro-Par 2019.
This is a natural prosecution in the research activities and dissemination in the field of Fog Computing, the Fog-to-Cloud approach, and related research aspects.
The Euro-Par International Conference will be held in Göttingen (Germany) in 26-30 August 2019.
Links to previous editions can be found:
August 27th 2019
9:00 – 9:10 Welcome and workshop introduction, Rosa M. Badia (BSC)
9:10 – 10.10 Keynote presentation – Massimo Villari (University of Messina)
Title: Cloud has inspired Edge and Fog Computing: are we ready to see them as a whole?
10.10 – 10.30 “mF2C: The Evolution of Cloud Computing towards an Open and Coordinated Ecosystem of Fogs and Clouds”
10.30 – 11.00 Coffee Break
11.00 – 11.20 “TDM Edge Gateway: a flexible microservice-based edge gateway architecture for heterogeneous sensors”
11.20 – 11.40 “Security and Privacy management in a fog-to-cloud environment”
11.40 – 12.00 “On the similarities and differences between the Cloud, Fog and the Edge”
12.00 – 12.30 Panel: “Emerging trends, technologies, challenges and business scenarios in Fog to Cloud architectures” (incl. Q/A session with all participants)
Participants: Rosa M. Badia (BSC), Antonio Salis (ENG), Massimo Villari (University of Messina), Fabrizio Marozzo (University of Calabria)
Workshop on managed Fog-to-Cloud
Future service execution in different domains (e.g. smart cities, smart transportation, smart energy, e-health, etc.), will rely on a large and highly heterogeneous set of widely distributed devices, located from the edge up to the cloud, empowering the development of innovative services. Such a distributed scenario is demanding substantial research efforts towards a novel management architecture, enabling a coordinated and efficient management of the whole set of resources. Ongoing efforts are already devoted to overcome some of the envisioned management challenges, today visible through two main incipient research initiatives, the OpenFog Consortium reference architecture and the mF2C H2020 research project, the latter leveraging the proposed Fog-to-Cloud (F2C) concept.
In such envisioned scenario, the main objective for the proposed workshop is to set the ground for researchers, scientist and members of the industrial community to interact each other, fueling new discussions in the emerging area coming out when shifting distributed services execution towards the edge. Analyzing the way existing programming models and distributed processing strategies may support such a scenario and to what extent these solutions should be extended or just replaced, is also fundamental to support the expected evolution in edge computing, taking care of security and privacy aspects as well. The workshop aims at opening new paths and feeds for research in a very innovative and challenging scenario.
The workshop aims at bringing together the community of researchers interested in new applications, architectures, programming models, applications and systems based on these computing environments.
- Rosa M.Badia (Barcelona Supercomputing Center), Spain
- Antonio Salis (Engineering Sardegna), Italy
- Xavi Masip (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya), Spain
- Admela Jukan (Technische Universität Carolo-Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig), Germany
- Ana Juan Ferrer (ATOS SA), Spain
The Technical program Committee is composed by the following experts:
- Erez Hadad, IBM, Israel
- Josu Bilbao, IKERLAN, Spain
- Vitor Barbosa, Universidade Federal de Viçosa (UFV), Brazil
- Massimo Coppola, CNR/ISTI, University of Pisa, Italy
- Roberto Cascella, ECSO, Belgium
- Eduardo Monteriro, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Francois Bodin, IRISA, France
- Usman Wajid, Information Catalyst, UK
- Domenico Talia, DIMES/University of Calabria, Italy
- John Kennedy, Intel Research and Development, Ireland
- Anna Queralt, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- Toni Cortés, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- Daniele Lezzi, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- David Carrera, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Eduardo Quiñones, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- Eva Marín, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Matija Cankar, XLAB, Slovenia
- Jens Jensen, Sciences and Technology Facilities Council, UK
- Workshop web sites and launch of the CFP: March 22, 2019
- Papers submission deadline:
May 10, 2019May 24, 2019 (firm!)
- Author notification: June 28, 2019
- Informal camera-ready from the authors collected from EasyChair due: July 12, 2019
- Official workshop program, waivers and additional material due: July 15, 2019
- Registration of at least one author per paper: July 15, 2019
- Final program on the web page of the workshop: July 29, 2019
- Workshop dates: August 26-27, 2019
- Workshop organizers meeting: August 27, 2019
- Workshop formal camera-ready papers due: October 7, 2019
- Workshop management report and other final duties: October 7, 2019
Manuscript Guidelines and Submission
Only contributions that are not submitted elsewhere or currently under review will be considered. The papers have to be formatted according to the LNCS guidelines. They should be between minimum 10 and maximum 12 pages. All papers will have to be positively reviewed by at least 3 referees before being presented at the workshop. Only the papers presented at the workshop will be published by Springer in a separate LNCS workshop volume after the conference. It is important to mention also that only one workshop organizer will be co-editor of the Springer volume of proceedings.
Please remember that all workshop attendees, including organizers and invited speakers, should explicitly register as regular participants. The registration fee of selected participants may be waived as a contribution of the conference organizers. Registered workshop participants will receive an electronic copy of the volume by email. All authors of accepted papers will be requested to sign a Springer copyright form.
Papers should be submitted through EasyChair at the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=europar2019workshops
More information on the Euro-Par 2019 Conference can be found here