Future Cloud Cluster is a European initiative to merge and agglutinate several research and innovation initiatives (FP7 and H2020) that address next generation Cloud Computing challenges and issues, including diverse forms of distributed computing (Cloud, Multi-Cloud, Edge, Fog, Ad-hoc and Mobile computing).
The goal of the cluster it is to create a critical mass of projects addressing the topic of multi-cloud and inter-cloud approaches so to share experiences, collaborate on approaches and discuss challenges for adoption and future research.
Within this cluster several means of project’s collaboration are expected:
- Technical collaboration across projects
- Collaboration on scientific papers
- Share/Develop best practices to approach technical collaboration with Open Source Communities
- Developing roadmaps for future research
Dissemination & Exploitation
- Organisation of joint workshops with both academic and industry focus
- Support to individual projects by organising project innovation management events
- Approach to EIT Labs, FIWARE or others identified in the future.
- Organise joint exploitation workshops so to bring together researchers, technology transfer experts, legal experts, industrial experts, as well as external venture capital experts and get recommendations for projects.
- Whitepapers on specific topics.
The mF2C Project is present in the Project cluster, and Ana Juan (ATOS) is leading the cluster of 26 projects on behalf of mF2C.
mF2C project contributed so far with:
Research Roadmap – Ana Juan (ATOS), Xavi Masip (UPC)
This document presents the Cluster vision for 2030 including views on overall Cloud Computing challenges, Technological, Societal and European dimension of the challenges. In addition to this, the document presents initial work on Research areas and its associated research and development areas. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4hHTKjZDMXGSGxoYnh4eXhURzA/view
Presentation in NetFutures 2017, in the Inter-Cloud Cluster (previous name of Future Cloud Cluster, before merging with NATRES Cluster) Concertation event. Ana Juan (ATOS) presented “Inter-cloud Challenges, Expectations and Issues”, as well as lead the cluster and chaired different sessions.
In Concertation meetings, organized by CloudWATCH2, Ana Juan (ATOS) presented the session “Achievements and New Directions for the EC Clusters”, presented the cluster: “Cluster on Inter-Cloud. Challenges, Expectations and Issues”; and chaired the EC Cluster break-out session.
More details in its website: https://eucloudclusters.wordpress.com/future-cloud/